BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

No Terrible Twos Here...Just Terribly Wonderful Phrases From My Two-Year Old!

This morning is one for the memory book after a night of interrupted sleep reminiscent of Miss C-Jaz in year one...feedings throughout the middle of the night.  I don't know why she was restless.  Maybe she had a bad dream and needed comfort or her nose had a stubborn booger in it so she couldn't breath easily.

I didn't realize it was 09:45.  Miss C-Jaz was waking as i was trying to go back to sleep amidst the construction right outside the patio door.  The loft was brightly lit from the morning sunshine, but she was wide awake and a happy kind of awake.


"It's sunny, Mommy.  Sunshine!"

"Yah, babe."  (Go back to sleep i thought to myself.)

"I farted."  I laughed inside. "Mommy, say 'ewww'."

"Ewww."

"Mommy, I farted again."  I gave her no response; this wasn't anything new.  Usually I laugh then ask her if it smells, and I remind her to say, 'excuse me'.  "Say, 'ewww', Mommy."

"Ewww."

Then, she got distracted as always, but the next few moments are moments I will never forget.

"Mommy...I love my Mommy (and here comes the clencher) SOOO MUCH!"

I was awake.  "I love my Nana sooo much too!"

"I love Daddy...SOOO MUCH!"

"Ohhh.  I love Daddy sooo much too!"

"I love Bo...SOOOO MUCH!

"I love Bo sooo much too!"  That was the bestest...ever!  But those rays of sunshine didn't end there.  There were a couple more moments that were just as interesting. 

After we got out of bed, Miss C-Jaz and I were in the 'wahoom'.  She was washing her face with her face towel and I was straightening my hair; then, she said, "Mommy, I want to poo poo in the potty."  I was so excited for her - this could be it.  I sat her on the Dora the Explorer Folding Potty Seat that rests on our toilet seat (as the little potty systems are like toys to Miss C-Jaz) and she sat there, talking.  "Mommy, I farted again."

"Good, now poo poo."

Well, after several minutes, nothing happened, but she tried, and I praised her for that, encouraged her for next time.  She'll be ready soon, and I think for Miss C-Jaz, as stubborn as she can be and knowing exactly what she wants to do, it will happen on her time, soon.

As we finished getting ready for our day, I was putting Miss C-Jaz's jeans on her, and as she stood on the bed at eye level she said again, "I love my Mommy SOOO MUCH!"  She touched my cheeks with her hands, and she said, "My Mommy is 'key-oot'."  She kissed me.  My heart melted.  How do you argue with that?  Then, I got a hug.

What a great morning!  Now, only if it was the weekend and we had Daddy home...