BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Mini-Adventure on the Hammarby Sjostad Ferry

Miss C-Jaz and I had our muffin this morning and I had my hasselnot latte - not pronounced hazelnut but 'hassel-noot' - at our waterside Cafe Spoon Nautica.  Since we've been here I've always noticed the Hammarby Sjostad boat that goes back and forth between Hammarby Sjostad and Sodermalm.  Watching the boat today I figured it goes back and forth every 15 minutes or so.  Miss C-Jaz agreed with me that we should venture across the water, and she loved it.  She wanted to just sit on the boat and go back and forth.



As we stepped off in Sodermalm, I realized I was just across the canal from Texas Longhorn, the
'restaurang' where I had my 'Ladies' Steak our first night in Sweden.



We didn't spend too long on the other side at Sodermalm as it was getting close to her nap-time, and we still needed to stop by the COOP.  We found a park area that was nice and open, Barnangsparken.  We walked by lots of ships, but the ground was cobblestone which made for a little bit of a bumpy stroller ride.



Miss C-Jaz was eager to get back on her ferry, so we hopped on, and as we headed for the COOP before home, she fell asleep as per her nap-time schedule.  With my curiosity of the Hammarby Sjostad boat ride satisfied, time to address the next on  my list - finding International 'Dagis' (play/preschool) close by.