BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

She finally completes her phrase...

On many occasions C-Jaz and I have had the following incomplete conversation.

"Mommy, I'm sad."

"Why, Nana?"

"Because..."

"Because why?"

Then, often times she gets distracted and never completes this particular thought. I'd try to prompt a possible response, giving her several suggestions of why she might be sad, but she moves on and her mood changes in a blink.

Today, she finally completes this phrase I've heard ever so often not knowing why.

"Mommy, I'm sad."

"Me too, Nana."

"No, Mommy! Only Nana and Daddy sad."

"You mean I can't be sad? Only you and Daddy?"

"Mommy, I'm sad!"

"Ok, why?"

"Because...Daddy not home."

"Awww. Me too. I'm sad because Daddy not home too."

It was so sad, so cute, so funny.

Today is Tuesday, so after a weekend of Daddy-time, it's the next hardest day of the week, for both of them (after Monday).

We love you Daddy, for working so hard for us, for protecting us, for taking care of us, for making us laugh, for being so much fun, and for loving us :)