BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I know how! ... means ... I don't know how!

Before coming to Sweden, I bought a Dora the Explorer Folding Potty from Babies R Us which rests on top of a regular toilet seat. It seems secure, and the seat fits her little bum well! I've been working on potty training, really not knowing what I'm doing. It doesn't help that she knows exactly what she wants, meaning that if she doesn't want to sit on the potty, she won't. When she does get on, and I know she's gotta do number 1 and/or 2, all I get is, "I know how!"

I've realized that this means, she doesn't know how. I try to convince her that she does know how - she shows me she knows what it should sound like to pee as she makes 'ssssssss' sounds. She knows that the potty is also for poo-ing as she presses on her little tum tum making grunting sounds.

I didn't bring her bigger Summer Infant Potty Training System, which is the cutest little adult looking potty, because I think my little bachoochie sees it more like a toy. She would sit in it often when we were home, but nothing intentional ever happened.

Maybe I should try an Ikea potty or buy a BabyBjorn Potty - I am after all in the land of Bjorn. So, where do I go from here? Suggestions would be helpful for "I know how!"