BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

"God Jul"...It's Snowing in Sweden

The snow in Stockholm is amazing!!! It feels so soft. It smells so fresh. It tastes so clean. (Yep, I ate some that I skimmed off the top from the balcony. I should've added some syrup or something.)

Miss C-Jaz has yet to play in the snow. As soon as we get her a snow suit, and as soon as the snow fall stops because it's incredibly windy and stings the skin, then we'll be out making snow angels and seeing how high the snow comes up to Miss C-Jaz.

Last night before bed we looked out into our patio and could not believe the amount of snow that had piled up.  I thought why not bring in some snow in a big mixing bowl so we could play with it?  What was I thinking?  Someone got carried away and splashed snow, which landed on me, but at least it's just water in the end.


The snow just kept on falling ... and falling ... and falling.  Whenever we looked out or the windows we could hardly see the SkiStar.com mountain because the snow was falling in all directions and crazy fast.  I feel like I haven't seen snow before.  With our view of the highway, it was obvious no one was driving any slower, which was even more crazy.  Thankfully, we didn't see any accidents.  Every time we opened the patio door today to check on our mounds of snow, the wind would whip into the room and spray us with snow.  It was funny because Miss C-Jaz would back away from the open door covering her face.



Despite the constant snow, Miss C-Jaz and I were able to go out yesterday morning, off-roading in her Zooper stroller.  I bought enough groceries to last us till the weekend or at least until J would be home on holidays.  We stopped by the toy store and picked up some more gel window decorations for Christmas.  We still have our stars from a little while ago, but we found Santa and posed him waving with both hands, which Miss C-Jaz pointed out he was juggling the Ho Ho Ho's.



Since the gel decos were 2 for 1 we picked up the Swedish greeting for Merry Christmas.  Oh, and I put up a paper tree, something I saw in an art store window.  In brighter light, each tier is a different pattern of scrapbooking paper: trees, God Jul, and stars in a mixture of green and red.


The snow continues to fall as of now, and I think back home in Vancouver it's nice enough above zero and raining.  One thing I don't mind is not driving in the snow.  From our window you can see one side of the street lined with cars buried in snow.


As I finish this post off, it won't be long until J is 'home for the holidays', at least home with us.  I'm hoping to find a last minute getaway somewhere, but it's so tricky online with the Swedish sites, and I don't trust the Swedish travel agents.  Anyway, here's a shot of Miss C-Jaz from this afternoon running around wildly while playing with her hair that I've been trying to grow out, especially the bangs.




"God Jul!" 8 Days and counting.