BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Wishing Sheldon's Method of Trying to Make One's Head Explode Actually Worked

I was so looking forward to a weekend of wine, comfort foods, a mini 'make-over' for J (mostly hair cutting and wardrobe updating), and just our usual weekend fun.  I suppose we will still have a version of this whilst we sanitize the 'surfacely' clean loft next to us (a mirror layout of our current loft) so that we can move in to it. 

Sound ridiculous? 

Oh it is...in so many ways, but really this lovely situation is all because of one person at J's work who has not one shred of competence or professionalism.  And, yes, this is me being NOT Ver-y-nice in a very nice way.  I have much more to spew, but I won't.  The bottom line is that this said person canceled the company's lease on our loft thinking it was the residence of another employee in the aforementioned loft next door to us.  The entire action of switching lofts is redundant (as Sheldon Cooper may comment) and supposedly the mistaken cancellation cannot be reversed for legal reasons.  So, fine.  I'll move my stuff, and the only reason I may be pleasant about it is for Miss C-Jaz's sake.  She shouldn't have to be around a grumpy and bitter me because of said incompetent person who can't even feel my wrath as I try to make her head explode (again...as Sheldon Cooper may do if in such a predicament - try this link for a visual).  And besides, if I focus on doing what I need to do, then I won't have time to think about said unprofessional person, which would only make the entire redundant process more difficult and more drawn out. 

Well, setting this situation aside, Miss C-Jaz had a good day.  We walked to see her ducks, then we 'groceried'.  She fell asleep for her nap and I swept and tidied, anxious to write until J called (during his work hours), which is not a good thing as already I've mentioned and will cease from mentioning further. 

Did I mention that Miss C-Jaz can now sing Sheldon Cooper's favorite comfort song when sick? I'm still trying to catch her in the act. 

"Soft Kitty...Warm Kitty...Lit-tel ball of ferrrrr.
Happy Kitty...Sleepy Kitty...Per per per."

Anyway, I made another great dinner...Chicken with Dijon Mustard Sauce and Chunky Mashed Potatoes - the easy and yummiest mashed potatoes I ever made.  Cooking back home in Vancouver never came so easily.  I hope this streak lasts for me.

Side note - I'm writing this early morning, and Miss C-Jaz in her sleep just called out Penny's name (another Big Bang reference).  Her dreams should be interesting.

Anyway, tomorrow is pancakes for breakfast, but I'm planning French toast, and regardless of this coming weekend's pre-determined events, we're going to have our weekend!