BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

From Beginning to 'Slut' (Swedish for 'the end'): A Ver-y-nice Day!

The cuteness that I wake up to.

"I comfy cosy! Cover me wid da beng-ket pease, Mommy. Cover my arms too."


Today, after she peed in her potty, which she is starting to do well I might add - though she forgets to tell me she needs to pee during the day, so I still have to instigate it and we have to work on number two sitting down since she likes to stand - I ask her if she's ready to go downstairs for breakfast.

"No, Mommy.  I want to cuddle with you in da bed!!"  And I think to myself, how do you say no to that?  Well, you just don't.



So, we cuddle and chill for a  bit, but with sunshine finally filtering into our window we venture to Sickla for a good 4 hours there are  back.  We were excited for our Shake It! smoothy from our favorite kiosk, Naked Juice Bar (the yummiest drinks and the nicest staff), but it was closed since they were relocating to another part of the mall.

We almost settled for a pink pre-made-open-to-germ-infestation smoothie at 'Cranky' Coffee House by George, which would've been better if it was Cookies by George, but the rudeness of the non-looking Swede dude behind the counter deterred us for the better.  Too bad for you, 'Cranky' Coffee House by George (cranky because none of the staff look happy)!  You lost a great customer in me - and I used to go to Starbucks about 5 times a week.  I wonder if they even have anything good?  'Cranky' Coffee House by George sells smoothies that are not made fresh and they sell Gevalia coffee that I can buy from the grocery store.  So, what's the Coffee by George?  I really don't want to say much, but I was irked by the worst customer service ever (not that I should be surprised since I am in Sweden) - almost ignored and spoken too devoid of eye contact.  I was even dressed up Swede-like in the comfiest tights with my Zara pea coat and Scorett stiletto boots.  Am I that intimidating?  Anyway, to give the benefit of the doubt, maybe the dude couldn't speak English.  But, still!!!  I'm still working on my Swedish.  He's just lucky J wasn't with us or he would've been put in his place.  Regardless, Miss C-Jaz and I, as a result of our first AND LAST experience with 'Cranky' Coffee House by George, enjoyed a Happy Meal (of nuggets, apples, and OJ), a fried apple pie (like back in the 90s), and a smoooooooth chocolate milk shake (Nang's favorite).  Miss C-Jaz ate so well and so slowly, always looking around and squirming while reading her Happy Meal book, that we must've been sitting in the restaurant for 40 minutes.  McDonald's hardly displeases!  So, that's me being Ver-y-nice.  Even Miss C-Jaz was cute about it.  She said, "Mommy, I don't like the pink one (smoothy)!"

We had a fun day, as we always try to do.  Miss C-Jaz loved the walk.  I even got a cute top to go with my tights.  I'm skinnier now than when I was home in Vancouver, so I see all the hype about tights since I'm confident enough to wear them.  I was able to shop a little when Miss C-Jaz was snoring away in her Zooper, and I had a zippy walk home with daylight ending early.  My boots were made for walkin'!  Love them, but love my husband more for getting them for me!

We chilled a bit at home after Miss C-Jaz emptied a few items for me from ICA - she's a self starter!  Her hair was all dis-shelved from her hood and she was a tad disoriented but happy from her hap as she oh-so-cutely picked up a pack of small garbage bags, held it up in her right hand with her left grasping the bottom kitchen cupboard, asking, "Mommy?  I put it here?"  She was so  nonchalant - it was a charming site and a scary one because she's definitely growing!

While Miss C-Jaz watched a bit of 'Tan Tan Tan Tan...', her nickname for The Big Comfy Couch, I prepped dinner, and it was amazing!  Sukiyakilax, or Salmon in Sukiyaki Sauce.  I altered the recipe I found, as always, and with just enough sauce, the salmon had great flavor and the veggies were crunchy.  As I finished cooking, my wok looked a bit picturesque.  It's as good as it looks salmon lovers!!!
        


From beginning to slut, our day's been full of mini adventures.  Overall it was a day of minimal whining until bedtime when she randomly acted out with a kick and some scratching at Daddy as he joined in to watch Tinkerbell.  I don't even know what compelled Miss C-Jaz to be so rough - maybe she felt disrupted from her Tinkerbell movie.  When I attempted to discipline her apparently..."Mommy!  You made me cry!"  I had turned off her movie because she didn't stop with the attitude, and I replied, "No.  You cried on your own.  You know you're not supposed to kick and scratch.  Remember Molly and Lunette today?  Molly hit her friend, and Lunette got hurt."  Miss C-Jaz continued with some fake crying.  "I'll be here when you're ready to say sorry."  It was fascinating, in a few moments, MissC-Jaz returned to her usual cute self, and at eye level I heard out her apology that started in a whisper.

"I sorry, Mommy.  For kicking.  For what I said,  I sorry.  For crying."

"So, you're going to remember not to kick and scratch because it hurts other people?"

"Yes, Mama."

"Okay.  Thank you.  Hugs and kisses please.  Then go give Daddy a gentle kiss too and say you're sorry."  And Miss C-Jaz did so with some sugary love.

SLUT!  (pronounced SLEWT)  'The End'