BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Hmmm...What to do?"

It's been a long day.  Who doesn't have them right?  It wasn't that there was an overload of stuff to do or places to be.  It was a long day of the basics (walking, playing, 'chore-ing') particularly because Miss C-Jaz's nap started downtown Stockholm, continued through grocery shopping, then ended at home with the testing of fire alarms that was not only loud but 'un-silence-able'.  Her nap time can be my saving grace during the day to get a break to sweep without her interrupting, or to catch up on writing, or to fold clothes and organize, or to nap myself if in dire need.  There was no saving grace today, but I did get to grocery shop quickly and efficiently.

No regular nap time break today was a little harder because we're still trying to catch up on getting back to our routines from a fun-filled week of having familiar family faces last week: Auntie Lanie and Uncle Yanie.  Today was also a little harder too because it's Swedish class day, which goes at a slow pace, but it's helping me build my confidence with learning Swedish, and it forces me to venture downtown.  So, as Miss C-Jaz would say, "Hmmm...What to do?" I could focus on my CD of Swedish phrases and the Rosetta Stone, then venture out downtown once every two or three weeks for a change of scenery, or even start taking Miss C-Jaz to open dagis (preschool) at least once a week.  There's really not much to do downtown Stockholm other than to shop or see touristy things, which is always fun but not when it's just Miss C-Jaz and I. 

I think I may have already answered my own question: self-learning and open dagis.