BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sun Screens and Dust

For the last month in our Swede loft I've noticed that there are roll-up sun screens mounted outside the two highest windows.  I never found a switch to control it and today I learned, once it was calibrated by the power man, that it's automatic, responding to sunlight AND wind...this may not be as good an idea as it's intended for.

In the last 5 minutes, the window screens have moved 7 times and counting.  The screen has gone from shielding the window three quarters, to half, to fully covered, and back and forth.  This is going to drive me up the wall, but I don't know what will be at the top of my list: the buzz of the indecisive screens or the constant presence of dust.

Every day dusting is necessary, especially for Miss C-Jaz as the poop of dust mites triggers her eczema, makes me sneeze, and J itch.  It's not too bad, I suppose, but I would love a Swiffer WetJet right about now.

I will have to see what happens tomorrow during the day.  The screens must be connected to a fuse, so if the screens get out of control I will be seeking out that switch.