BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How does she know what BURNT is?

Yesterday, in the late afternoon, we were eating "Billy's" Hawaiian pizza. (I wanted to try the mini oven that my hubbie's coworker was leaving behind as he prepared to return home from his 'prison sentence' in Sweden.) It was a flat rectangular piece with minimal toppings, but it was still good. The mini oven worked well. The cheese was melted and the edges nice and crisp, even a little black, or toasted, or as Cianna would point out...burnt.

I was trying to cut her 'baby pieces' from the centre, which would be softer, but she stopped me.

"No, Mommy. I don't 'yike' that. I want the BURNT one!" (Pointing with her little crooked finger.)

I was a little shocked, "Which one? Really?"

"Yah, I like the burnt ones - crispy!"

I know that I've never really pointed out burnt toast, so where does this come from? She's displayed some interesting and unexpected deductive ('duck duck') reason. She never ceases to amaze me :)