BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Miss C-Jaz is 2 Years Old and Technically Savvy

Last night we were all ready for bed.  The three of us, correction, the four of us were sitting in bed in the dark: J, Miss C-Jaz, Bo, and myself.  J and I have our own duvet covers, something we carried on from our hotel stay in May when we first visited Sweden.  Miss C-Jaz had her 'DVDV Paya' near her, and we were watching Shark's Tale, but she wanted to change the DVD.  What J and I saw her do was so fascinating.

She asked for her (flexible) flashlight - it was as thin as a pen and as long as an average banana.  One end had a clip, and the other end was the light.  She inserted the clip end of the flashlight through the top of her shirt so that the light was shining out in front of her (something I did a couple of times to put a band aid on her finger during the night).  She pressed stop on her player (which I always told her was the square image), then she pressed open.  She took out the Shark Tale DVD then set it on the bed, and she unzipped her CD case.

J asked her, "Nana, do you need help?"

Nonchalantly, in her sing-song voice, she replied, "No, I'm good.  Thanks."

We quietly laughed and watched on.

Miss C-Jaz found her Word World DVD, took it out of the case and placed it in the player.  It got stuck, so we helped her a bit, then she pressed the disc into place and closed the door.  It was 'loading', as she pointed out, then zipped up her case, and she was done.

Times like these make her seem so old, and I forget that she's only 2 and a few months. 

Miss C-Jaz's technical awareness doesn't stop there though.  She talks like she truly knows what Skype and Facebook are.  When I'm on Facebook she often asks to look at photos of her friend K.  When we Skype with family and the screen of J's Macbook Pro darkens, she touches the Touchpad so that the screen lights up again.  She recognizes the apple on his Macbook as the apple on our iTouches, and she knows how to turn on my iTouch, start the Blowfish game, and play it, or at least try to.  She's such a fascinating little 'homunculus' (all The Big Bang Theory enthusiasts like myself will understand this). 

I wonder what she'll surprise us with next...her ABCs are almost there...a few less Qs and a few more E-F-Gs.