BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Friday, November 20, 2009

The Best 'Carrot Stix' for Toddlers...and Mommies with Sweet Tooths

This week has been about trying different Silly Snack recipes with Miss C-Jaz from Sesame Street's Cooking With Kids book, and it's been fun and fairly easy.  Even before following the recipes, Miss C-Jaz is a good little helper (when she wants to be) in the kitchen mixing and washing.

Today, I made a recipe by myself as Miss C-Jaz watched Word World, a great kids show that mixes songs and reading with interesting story lines and characters.  She was a bit cranky and uncooperative after grocery shopping, but I really wanted to try making 'Carrot Stix', and it would be a great snack for both of us.



Can you tell how pleased she was?



Surprisingly, these 'Carrot Stix' are the best way to eat carrots, especially if you love "cinnamony" and sweet things, as I do.  I could see yams being a good substitution for carrots, but these 'Carrot Stix' are definitely a must-try from the regular crunchy and hard, sometimes bland taste of carrots, which are also not good for 2-year old's to munch on.