BACHOOCHIE

Pronounced BAH-CHEW-CHEE, it was a nickname my sister called her first-ever niece, Miss C-Jaz. According to urbandictionary.dom, this term is used to express "an absolutely wonderful bum". And that she is, myBachoochie, my little bum cheeks.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Easy Peasy No Fuss Recipe-easy: SHAKE-a-SHAKE-a-SHAKE-a-MANGO

Here's one of my simple kid-friendly and healthy snacks that require very little brain power but also taste refreshing...

SHAKE-a-SHAKE-a-SHAKE-a-MANGO
In a magic bullet or regular blender, have your TODDLER drop in 1 of YOUR handful of frozen cubed mangoes.

YOU pour orange juice (I've used a Tropicana Orange, Tangerine, and Grapefuit Juice combo) just enough to cover the mangoes.

YOU add vanilla or strawberry yogurt (and as fat free as you want) to match the amount of juice previously added.

Your TODDLER can add a 2nd of YOUR handful of frozen cubed mangoes. 

Your TODDLER can add half to a whole banana.

Your TODDLER can add 2 to 3 ice cubes.

YOU add a splash of milk (again as fat free as you want).

Now, YOU press the button or press down on your Magic Bullet to SHAKE-a-SHAKE-a-SHAKE.

Once it's all uniform throughout and mixed up well, YOU give it a taste.  Add any of the previous ingredients to get it just right, everyone's pallet is different.

For more thickness, add more frozen fruit, ice, and/or yogurt.  For the opposite, add more juice, milk, and/or water.

If you drink protein shakes, just put aside enough shake for your toddler(s), perhaps you need to make more.  For Miss C-Jaz, I set aside a few scoops of the shake in her cup, then I add my protein to the rest, blend it up again, and I'm good to go.  Miss C-Jaz usually starts off scooping hers up like a sorbet then drinks it up at the end.

She loves it and gets some of her dairy and fruits.  I love it, even with the protein, which used to always make me gag, but since working out and since the Orange Mango Banana Vivianno Starbucks smoothy, I was hooked!

Cheers!